“Literature is the most agreeable way of ignoring life.” ~ Fernando Pessoa
THREE READ ONCE AND LOVED AUTHORS
1. Ruth Ozeki – Her book A Tale for the Time Being has one of the best blurbs, book cover and opening lines everr. And when you get to the heart of the book, it just really sucks you in and you won’t be the same when you get out.
2. Celeste Ng – Little Fires Everywhere was 🔥 I was so amazed with her insight and her skills. The topic of motherhood is also one that is very close to my heart and she executed it so beautifully. I already have a copy of Everything I Never Told You but I don’t want to read it just yet. I just feel better knowing I haven’t run out of her books to read 😅 Have you felt that way about your favorite authors, too?
3. Aja Gabel – The Ensemble was another cover buy. I couldn’t sleep well at night while it was still at the bookstore. Harhar. My full review can be read here.
For this tag I decided to choose only women authors that I read and discovered this year 👍🏻
THREE TITLES I’VE WATCHED BUT HAVEN’T READ
1. The Time Traveler’s Wife – I was more than halfway through but I just couldn’t finish the book ✌🏻
2. Ready Player One – I didn’t like the movie. I’m sure the book is better but I’m not motivated to read it as of the moment.
3. Jurassic Park – I enjoyed the first movie when I was young but I didn’t know then that there was a book. Right now I just feel like it’s not my genre anymore.
THREE CHARACTERS I LOVE
1. Hermione Granger
2. Tyrion Lannister
3. Jonathan Strange
THREE SERIES BINGED
1. Game of Thrones
2. Harry Potter
3. Gentleman Bastard
THREE UNPOPULAR BOOKISH OPINIONS
1. I’m not a fan of SJM, Paolo Coelho, Stephenie Meyer, Rick Riordan (I might still read the PJO series though so we’ll see), CoHo (I’m reading Without Merit now, so we’ll see if that changes also), and Holly Black.
2. I don’t dogear pages but I don’t mind creased spines, notes and highlights on pages and/or battered book covers. The book feels more read and well loved that way.
3. Physical books and ebooks are of equal value.
THREE CURRENT FAVORITE BOOK COVERS
Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff
The Ensemble by Aja Gabel
The Female Persuasion by Meg Wolitzer
THREE GOALS FOR THIS YEAR
1. Read more nonfiction, poetry and Filipino books
2. Clean up my shelves and donate or sell books I don’t intend to read
3. To launch our own book box ~ I will talk about this more on a separate blog
And that’s it! Wow that was harder than I thought it would be 😅
Tagging three awesome bloggers too!